Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 7 Hiker Heaven

Took my time getting started and left the KOA at 9, hiking alone today to The Saufleys and famous Hiker Heaven. The trail was very exposed but a cool wind blew all morning and I was making excellent time - half way there by 1130am. My knee was hurting a bit but I was motivated. I was able to charge my phone so lots of pics for you today.














Tunnel under hwy 15


Vasquez Rocks


These rocks were named after the notorious bandit Tibarcio Vasquez who used the rocks to elude capture from law enforcement in 1873 & 1874.


Ahhhhhh Hiker Heaven! Here I am with Angel Donna Saufley.
Familiar faces Wolfe, and Waldo were there. And an hour later Ooops showed up. New to me were hikers Tent Wrestler and Steve.
Unfortunately my bounce and resupply box that I had Richard from the Bear Lake Hostel send weeks ago did not arrive. Wolfe's boxes from the hostel did not arrive either. So we called and discovered from the owner of the hostel they were still there and we're never sent. Ughhhhhh! So it was off to town via the bikes at Hiker Haven to buy resupplies.






Pedaling into town
Heart

2 comments:

  1. <3
    Finding an update from you in my email inbox is like finding a water cache on the trail on a dry day. I appreciate you efforts to share photos and thoughts, joys and disappointments. Keep on Heart-ing
    Raisin in WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the pics! Those flowers from may 5th look like purple bluebonnets! You never said if the poodle bush bit you! I assume since you didn't mention it that you made it through safely and didn't suffer it's I'll effects. Congrats on 1 month! I've been counting the Thursday's since you left on thurs April 5th so I celebrated last week, but it's an achievement worth celebrating again! That's really crummy about your resupply, I know you must be dying not being able to have your own food. Hope the next box makes it through. Well hope I get to hear from you again soon. I'll text you about the hyaluronic acid supplements. Maybe I can ship them to your next stop if your knee is still bugging you. Love you!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete