Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 21 Zero at Toms




Nice and clean and refreshed I felt like a new person. The store opened at 11:00 and I took my first "outdoor shower".



The outdoor shower at the General Store

The shower and cost to wash your clothes was $3. What a bargain. Then I got my resupply boxes, hung my clothes out to dry and cleaned my gear.
The rest of the day was spent catching up on correspondence. There is no phone device here but they do have Internet.


Tom's Cyber Cafe

Eagle Eye went into town with Tom who had errands to do. He had hopes of finding a good pair lof shoes. They were gone all day but Eagle Eye did get new shoes. In the meantime another hiker arrived by the name of Donkey Legs. He plans to zero here tomorrow and hike Mt Whitney the next day. Donkey Legs is from New Zealand. O




Donkey Legs

Eagle Eye and I decided to take another zero here tomorrow so he could do his laundry and shower. Tom made smoked chicken with corn on the cob for us for dinner. 3 new hikers got in around 9pm: JackAss, Climber and Slim. I had met Slim at Big Bear Lake and JackAss at the Kick-off. All have a lot of PCT experience. Tomorrow I will finalize my Sierra strategy.
Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment