Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 6 Running From The Poodle

May 6
Got an early start but Ooops stayed behind to take a lot of pictures and I did not see him all day. I hiked alone and spent most of the day trying to avoid the feared Poodle-dog bush again. Soon I realized it was hopeless. As I attempted to twist and turn to dodge the monster I found it was impossible. I thought my best defense would be to get to the KOA campground before dark and wash the oils off myself and my clothes. That would mean a 23.5 mile day but I was motivated. Temperatures were high and water scarce. Thankfully there was a cache at the ranger station. I got to the campground at 7 pm and met Wolverine, Wolfe and Waldo, all of which had the same idea. The camp office was closed but we were told we could register and pay tomorrow. Wolfe sent out for a pizza and shared it with us. What a treat! Tomorrow we be a short day. Just 12 miles to Hiker Heaven in the town of Agua Dulce.
Sorry no pics phone battery dead:(
Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment