Monday, May 7, 2012

May 4


Today was a long hard day. My right knee has been bothering me and we did a lot of climbing and post-holing yesterday and I was feeling it today. The first half of the day was more climbing. It didn't help when we missed a sign and climbed 800' uwe've fore we realized we were off trail! Well we got back on trail and the rest of the day went well. We had to detour because part of the trail is closed to protect the mountain yellow legged frog, which is close to extinction. We chose to do the road alternative, which meant almost 3 miles of road walk which could be very hazardous but it is early in the season and only 2 cars and a few motorcycles passed us. The end of the day was an easy few miles on nice trail. We camped at the boys scout camp and just before getting there took this pic to celebrate 400 miles!




Some volunteers were at the camp preparing to do some work putting in water at the camp. They offered us bottled water. We did not see any sign of Francis but met John and Christie, a couple section hiking part D of the trail.
Heart

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like a long day! Glad it's over with now and really hope your knee is feeling better after a little rest. Have you taken anything for it? I have some hyaluronic acid supplements that you could try that really help to lubricate your joints. Let me know and I can mail them to your next stop. Sorry I couldn't talk much on the phone yesterday, I should be available most of today after 4pm if you have the time/battery. Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete