Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 15 Headed for Kennedy Meadows and the Sierras


May15
Andy, Ooops and I left Tehachapi and are headed for Kennedy Meadows and the Sierras.
Thanks to the kindness of Rockin and Dan we left well fed and rested.
The temperatures were very cool, in the 50's most of the day. What a contrast from yesterday. The wind was blowing so hard the first half of the day I could barely move forward. We were climbing up a steep mountain and I thought I would get blown off. I would take a step forward with all my weight leaning into the wind. Ooops took a picture of me and it looked like a cartoon. I was leaning so far forward I was almost parallel to the trail. The first 8 miles were uphill and by 1130 we had climbed 2600 feet. By afternoon the wind died down, was pleasant, the trail tread wound through a nice forested area.
Andy sprinted forward and I did not see him the rest of the day. Ooops stayed behind to take pictures with the intention of taking it a bit slower. My plan is to walk 20 miles a day and get there in 6 or 7 days. I have 136 miles to go. I never saw anyone today until after I put up my tent. Ooops came by an hour later, just as it was getting dark and camped close by.




Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment