Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24 Trail Magic to the Kick Off

Today was my first leisurely day. Pinky and Dead Animal were in no hurry to leave. I said goodbye to my hiking family. I am sure we will cross paths again. They all have plans of taking days off so I think I will eventually catch up to them.




Goodbye to Fidget and Go Fish who I will miss most of all.




A big part of the trail experience is about the people you meet and I am looking forward to meeting a lot more soon.
My morning was spent making some minor repairs and improvements to my gear. I glued a toe flap on my right shoe, and taped up a hole on my left shoe, i added a few tension lines to my tent for additional wind protection and shortened some of my pack straps and my belt. I lost 5 lbs so now my pants are a bit big. My appetite is good but just no way to keep up with the calorie demands. Just before heading out at noon I soaked my bandana in the cool stream and wet my head and upper body, then tied it loosely around my neck. So with my new friends I set off on the trail with Pinky and Dead Animal.
As Burning Daylight would say it's just POTA (part of the adventure). The 6 miles to their vehicle was a pleasant hike except for the heat. We left at noon and got to hwy 173 at 230. Here are some of the views.
















They had cold drinks and fruit waiting at the truck, a welcomed site. They refilled the cooler for future hikers coming thru and we headed for Julian. Tomorrow we will drive to Laguna to do more trail magic in-route to the kick off.
Heart

3 comments:

  1. You are back in my neck of the woods! Call if you need something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a good couple of days. I expect you're back at the luck off now but I know you told me the weather where u r this morning is pretty rough. Hopefully it doesn't stay that way especially if you're at the kick off site since you and many others plan to be there for a few days. We're heading to Austin toniest after work so I won't be working late but I will be UP late if you want to call. Love you heart! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and congrats on 3 weeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete