Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 20 and 21, Mile 235 to 266

April 20, A much better day than yesterday. Long and tiring but hiked all day with Go Fish and Fidget. Again no pics :(. We ended up at a great camp reunited with The Orange Ranger. The only snag - we hiked 12 hours, 21 miles and 30 minutes after setting up camp were joined by a troup of boy scouts on their first camping trip - oh boy.
April 21 was an easy day hiking into Big Bear. We got a hitch to the Big Bear Hostel by Chad. He graciously piled all 4 of us plus our gear in his SUV and would not accept any compensation. We entertained him with our hiker stories in return. Thanks Chad for the trail magic! My boxes were at the hostel -yeah and also friends Ice Ass (who is now Mile a Minute) and Burning Daylight. We got some much needed R and R. Flapjack (Steve), fixed my iphone so i can now send out emails and he reorganized my GPS. Here are pics of the area. More to come. I had to decide what to do next. I am here 5 days ahead of schedule. The kick off is not until Apr 27 so I don't want to hang around here until then. I decided to leave with the group and hike toward Wrightwood. I may be able to hitch a ride at the McDonalds and highway 15. I should be there by Wednesday late afternoon. I posted my request so am hoping for a call or email for a ride either Wed or Thurs.
Gene joined us for breakfast and arranged a ride to the trail head. He works at the hostel but this was not part of his job. Thanks Gene.



Slim (scott) came in last night. He has hiked the PCT many times and had some great stories to share. Here we are at breakfast before heading out on the trail.


Happy Trails
Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment