Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 1,2,3 Ashland

We made such good time, hiking 25 miles and reaching Callahan's by dinnertime.



We planned to get a hitch into Ashland but decided to stay the night at the resort. They offer a package deal for hikers - $50 gets you an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner, access to the shower room and laundry, a place on the back lawn for your tent and all-you-can-eat pancake and fruit breakfast.




Thanks

We couldn't pass it up and met several others hikers that felt the same way - over 20 in all. On Aug 2, Kim Lewis a local businessman offered all the hikers going into Ashland a ride.



Thanks Kim Lewis!

We also got an offer from the Tuckers who were celebrating their anniversary at the resort. Everyone at Callahan's were so nice to all the hikers. Kudos to owners Ron and Donna Bergquist.



Ron Bergquist

Ashland is a great town with an efficient bus system which makes it easy to enjoy. Running Wolf, Gone Fishing and I took advantage of the free big band concert at Lithia Park.







Unfortunately before leaving Seiad Valley my phone totally died. I put it to rest in a priority box and sent it back to the iphone store. Waiting for a new phone and taking a double zero was a blessing in disguise, my knee got a chance to improve and the word is the Oregon snow is melting fast so hopefully we will see less of it in the weeks to come.

My new phone arrived at noon and by 1pm we were on our way back to Callahan's thanks to Good Times mom Valerie...



I used the computer at the resort to update my blog. Although I have my new phone- my information has not been retrieved and I am working on that end of it. Well rested and eager to hit the trail we headed out early evening after wired helped me get my blog back on my phone. I am looking forward to seeing Wired and my Cousin once I get closer to Portland. Here are a few more pics for you...








Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment