Tuesday, July 3, 2012

June 29 Sierra City


Today's hike took us 20 miles through shaded piney woods and beautiful vistas. I am now at mile 1197. The tread was comparatively easy and Gone Fishing and I reached Sierra City by 4pm thanks to trail angel Bob who picked us up from highway 49. My resupply boxes were at the post office but not my GPS. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, otherwise I will have to stay until Monday.
We had a great dinner and reunion with several other hikers at the Red Moose Inn and met G Man who is from my home state of Connecticut.



G Man
He followed my blog so had a heads up on my experiences to date. He shared his hiking adventures and we had a great time comparing notes.


Bill & Margaret owners of the Red Moose Inn could not have been more accommodating. They found us a room, washed our laundry and served up a great meal with the charm and personal touch of a small town.



Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment