Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 5 Evolution Creek

By morning the storm had passed, but the temperature was 15 degrees, our tents were covered with snow and ice, we could not put on our frozen shoes or our wet socks as they we're frozen solid too. I could not open my right eye due to the swelling from my fall. The day wasn't starting out very well. I wore my sleep socks with my sandals as Steve tried to thaw our shoes with the Jetboil stove. He managed to get them opened enough to get our feet in and we packed the best we could and hit the trail. Our frozen feet in frozen socks made them feel like stumps and we lumbered along until the sun was overhead and we could once again unpack everything and lay it out to dry. Evolution Creek was easy to ford, just knee deep, so unlike last year. We ended the day hiking 17 miles to mile 862. We are looking forward to taking a nero at VVR tomorrow.
Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment