Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11 Thanks To The Trail Crews


Gone Fishing and I left Mammoth at 9am, getting a ride to the trailhead from the local shuttle. We hiked through the worst blowdown areas as we headed toward Tuolumne. Forest Service crews were out as well as PCTA volunteers. They worked non-stop to clear the way for the hikers and have done a fantastic job. Without their help I can't imagine how we would have gotten through. The devastation is incredible.






The most amazing part is they were using hand tools! Thank you one and all!
We hiked through Devil's Postpile which gets its name from the look of the granite. It looks like a fence of wooden posts.



At 5pm, we stopped and fought off the first sign of mosquitos to date while we made our dinner, then hiked on to mile 918 where we cowboy camped under the stars-- a first for me.


As I wrote this blog I realized I had service so am sending this to you tonight.
Happy Trails Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment