Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 2 & 3 Pinchot & Mather Pass

June 2 & 3

June 2 was a 20mile day. I woke a bit earlier than the others so started out by myself. It was a cold, clear beautiful morning but since we camped so close to water our tents were wet from dew.



The guys caught up at mile 800 so we took a break and some pics at the swinging bridge. We spread out our gear to dry. The swinging bridge is quite long and we crossed as instructed by signage- "one person at a time".


Ooops stayed behind to take pictures and I never saw him again.
Steve was ahead of me. Pinchot Pass was less difficult than the others. The creeks were getting high though so I set up camp when I got to mile 812. Soon a section hiker, Square Peg joined me. She hiked the desert in 2009 and was planning to finish it this year.
I left early the next morning hoping to scale Mather Pass before the snow got too soft.
I reached Mather Pass by myself by 0945 and could see Steve below making his way to the base of the mountain. The pass was easy and the descent not as challenging. See pics...






I camped by myself and planned to start at 530am the next day. I had heard Muir Pass was the most difficult of all and hoped to get up and over before the snow started melting.


Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment