Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 25-27 To Soda Spring

Thanks to my daughter Stefanie, and the time and trouble she went through to find the right device to recharge my phone from the trail, I now have that ability and will no longer have to send blurry pics of pictures from my other camera. Thank-you Stef! And thank you Tania for all the family pics and sweet notes sent in my resupply boxes.




Stefanie and Tania My Trail Angels from Texas

Gone Fishing and I made our way from Echo Lake to Soda Springs. We are now at mile 1155. The temperature was cool and windy hence we were not bothered by mosquitos. Views were fabulous see for yourself...
















Lunch on a rock and waterfall
It doesn't get much better than this!












Desolation Wilderness and Lake Tahoe
The PCT and the Tahoe Rim Trail



Trail Maintenance Volunteers



Sunrise over Lake Tahoe from my tent




Wildflowers on the trail




Gone Fishing taking a picture




Trail angel Keri picked us up from the trail and drove us to Soda Springs today




Heart

2 comments:

  1. What charger did you get??? You know I'm interested! I can't believe you're almost done with CA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wired, its a New Trent iCarrier external charger 1200 mAh--bought it from amazon. Think it weighs in around 13oz so it's kinda on the heavy side but I thought itd be worth it for how much she wants to use the phone. They do make a smaller, lighter one though. I should tell you you're quite an inspiration btw, I heard stories of you all last year while my parents followed your blog and I know youve really played a big role in their interest in hiking and the PCT.

    The views are simply breathtaking there mom! How are you ever going to come back to Houston?! Love you and the oatmeal is on its way! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete