Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 23, 24 Lake Tahoe and Reno

A week ago my gps stopped working so I decided to go to the REI store in Reno today to replace it. I rented a car and Gone Fishing and I took the hour drive to Reno. It was worth the trip as I got a new GPS and a new sleeping bag liner. Gone Fishing was finally able to find a new pair of hiking pants small enough to fit his waist, he's been holding up his pants with a piece of rope. It is not uncommon when you are walking 20 plus miles a day to be down to muscle and bone by now.


A view of the lake from the car on the way to Reno

We caught up on emails, blogging, and phone calls, washed our clothes and repacked . Since the post office is closed in Sunday we are hoping to find someone who will mail out the GPS to Halfmile. He will load the waypoints on it and send it to me in Sierra City. His waypoints are accurate and coincide with his maps of the PCT.
On Sunday we got an early start, and thanks to Dan and Alisha at Avis my package is on its way to Halfmile and Dan even drove us to the trailhead.




Echo Lake Store
Gone Fishing at the picnic table



Echo Lake



Gone Fishing and me



Lake Tahoe



Reaching 1100 mile mark- I'm the one on the right:)



Heart

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Looks beautiful in Tahoe and echo lake as well. Glad you got a chance to get a few things while you had the opportunity and love your drawing!! :)

    ReplyDelete