Saturday, January 14, 2012

Getting Started

I am working on setting up this blog, getting in shape and preparing for the logistics of being away from home for 5-6 months. As you can imagine living in Texas I don't have much access to elevation of any sort. I am at 300' above sea level. I do live just 45 minutes from the longest trail in Texas "Lone Star Trail" and have thu-hiked it twice. The first time with my husband and dog last March and the last time just before Christmas. The picture below was taken on the last trip. I ventured out solo and hiked 20 miles a day. Unfortunately on day one I triped over a root hidden under fallen leaves and did a nasty face plant. I ended up with a blood blister under 2 toes and a very unattractive bruise on my forhead. I met some interesting hunters and literally dodged a few bullets inspite of my bright orange attire. I am waiting until after hunting season to venture back out on the Lone Star.


Dec 2011 Lone Star Trail






No comments:

Post a Comment