Monday, January 30, 2012

Hiking the Lone Star Trail (again)

I am practicing blogging from my iphone. Weather has been perfect. I hiked 16 miles today, and 16 yesterday. Only problem so far has been a hole in my air mattress ughhh. I woke up every 2 hours last night to blow it back up. Tonight I piled a lot of duff under my tent so I am hoping for a better nightt. Below are some pics I thought you might enjoy. It will give you some insight into the piney forest on the Lone Star trail.




Palmetto Forest on the LST








Lots of blow downs




Sam Houston National Forest
Stubblefield Trailhead =6









Texas lost so many trees from last years drought they closed the camp grounds. Thankfully they left the water on and the picnic tables are a welcome sight.




Happy Trails
Heart

1 comment:

  1. Great practice post! Workin' out the kinks. Bummer about the sleep pad. Especially difficult if you can't find the hole. I recommend carrying a patch of tenacious tape. Did wonders for me! For some reason the post sent doubled to my email...one email, but the post was copied twice one right after the other. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete