Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gear swap

Ok so I took Wired and Liz's advice and bought a lighter pack - an ULA Circuit. this makes pack #5! Anyway so far I have no regrets. It actually fits my small frame better, seems to fit all my gear and is 30 ounces - almost 2 lbs less. I took it out for a couple of 5 mile hikes and it felt great. This weekend I plan to put it to the test with a 3 day trip. I am posting from my iphone for the first time. Mark took a picture of me with my new pack but I can't figure out how to insert it from my phone. Hmmmm ... well back to the drawing board. For now I will put it in from my computer.

Heart

4 comments:

  1. I have this pack and used it all last summer. I love it. I am 5'2' and ordered a small. It carries heavier loads for the Sierras and food resupplies, is durable, and I liked the organization. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! It definitely looks more compact--hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy! I'm so happy for you! Seeing this picture made my heart leap! You're two pounds lighter and have one of the most used packs on the trail. Wha-Hoo! Now you're just as cool as Rockin' too;)'
    As for the picture from the iPhone, remember to type as if you're going to write a sentence and a little icon of a camera appears at the top where you can add a picture from your camera roll. Workin out the kinks now is great. I was so annoyed cause I didn't practice and had to figure it out from the trail. Have fun this weekend! ~Wired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I think you'll be really pleased with the pack this summer :) And the fact that you're willing to be flexible in your thinking speaks bounds!

    ReplyDelete