Monday, October 8, 2012

The Last Chapter

Oct. 1
A beautiful last day...
















Just 5 miles left...




















One Mile Left
We could see the division of Canada and the United States ahead




This was the hardest part of my blog entry to write. Unimaginable feelings of joy and sorrow mixed with a little exhaustion...




OK a Lot of Exhaustion
And...




A moment of Glory




We gave the trail all we had...




And Now...




We rest our weary bones
The monument is not much, but the people that make it there are a special breed and I am proud to be one of them.












A 2012 poster at the monument showed many that came before us.




My entry into the final register..




The entry reads:
I started this journey to inspire others. I was inspired everyday by the beauty and miracles I witnessed first hand. Curiosity and the realization that I was living a dream most never have a chance to experience coaxed me from my warm sleeping bag each morning. When the going got tough it was the love, sacrifice, and support from family, friends and followers that kept me going and it is with the grace of God I completed this journey.
From my Heart




A Special Salute to Steve Fitch (GF, Gone Fishing) my Hiking Partner who hiked with me through thick-and-thin for 4 months covering over 1800 miles.
We both came to believe...



Joy Shared Is Twice The Joy

Once home I will write a conclusion and will be happy to answer questions and help anyone who is considering hiking the PCT. You can email your questions to me at heartyhiking@gmail.com
With All My
Heart





10 comments:

  1. To one of my favorite bloggers from PCT 2012...congrats!

    Portland PCT Section Hiker Mike (GoalTech)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It!!! YAAAYYYY! You did it! Great entry! I like the exhausted monument picture, the journal entry, and (of course) the shadow picture! So very happy for the two of you! What an adventure! So glad you ended on a nice day and were able to relax at the border. I am just so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to a great journey and thank you for sharing the adventure with us. What a great accomplishment. I have very much enjoyed reading about your (a women's) view of the trail and what it take to make it to the end. I wish you luck and happiness in what lays ahead of you.
    Sybille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaaaahhhhhooooo! I share Erin's enthusiasm about you both reaching the end! Unbelievable what you have accomplished--truly inspiring! Very happy that you had such a good end to it all as well. I'd like to thank Steve as well for keeping you company! Cannot wait for you to return home, quite a few things have changed since you left. Namely though that we now live in the same city!!! Ok well same metroplex...excited to hear more about your adventure and for us all to celebrate your tremendous accomplishment!
    Love,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearts PCT Recipe

    ...Conceive a dream...

    ...Allow (5+) months for gestation...

    ...Mix in kindred spirits...

    ...A pinch of trail magic...

    ...Add (2663+) miles of adventure...

    ...Congratulations!...

    ...Birth to an amazing memory...


    Bob
    PS: Hold it tight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great documentary. Thanks for sharing your journey. So well written ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I've followed your excellent blog from the start. Inspiration and determination certainly describe you :-) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart,

    Congrations! It was a privilege to walk with you on the trail this year. Good luck with your future endeavors.

    David Breinke a.k.a. Problem Bear
    Sacramento CA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Heart,
    Thank you for sharing your journey. I would have loved walking with you! I read all of Wired's journal from last year and was glad to discover your journal this year. It brought tears to my eyes when I got to the picture of your pack. I may not be able to hit the PCT but I'll keep walking for Heart!
    Thanks again and God Bless you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read all your blog post and I am excited you made it; that's one hell of a long walk!

    ReplyDelete